Knitting in Circles Podcast

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

EP 7: In the bag.



Works In Progress:
-Emilien Hoodie in Cascade 220 & Cascade 200 Heathers on US 7. Hood section is finished, seems a bit big around the ears. Started to pick up stitches for the zipper band but my needle is too short.

-Knit Night socks. Cast on sock #2, did the ribbed cuff and foot. Ready for the heel flap tonight. US 2, Schoeller Stahl Fortissima sock yarn in colorway 53/Wild West.

D's Corner:
-Basic slip stitch heel socks are finished! Blue Ridge Kaleidoscope Superwash on US 2. The yarn got really fuzzy after wearing for just a few hours & even fuzzier after a gentle soak.
-Preemie hat FO in leftover Blue Ridge Kaleidoscope Superwash on US 2.
-New WIP: Magnum Cable Rib Mittens on US 13 in Nashua Handknits Creative Focus Chunky in Charcoal Heather.

FO's:
-Knit Night sock #1.
-Striped baby hat using scrap yarn. (I frogged the purple & gray preemie hat that was a wipe last week.)
-Chemo cap that turned out too big to be a baby hat :P Knit on US 5 then US 7 out of Baby Bee Pitter Patter yarn.
*Katie from Knittin' on the Fly is collecting purple baby & preemie hats for Click for Babies through mid October.

Spinning:
-Spun 1oz out of 4oz of Superwash BFL from Blue Dog Fibers in the Brenda colorway.

Upcoming/Queued:
-Preemie hat out of leftover Malabrigo sock yarn in the Terra Cotta colorway. Left over form my Georgia cardigan.
-Socks… First up, Halloween socks for me using the Reese's Pieces self striping from Fibernymph Dye Works.

Misc/Off Topic:
-Please let me know if you have a podcast so I can link it on the blog.
-Netflix fail. Anyone have alternatives they would suggest?
-Going to my first yarn tasting tonight featuring Classic Elite yarns.
-I got into SSK!

Ebabling:
-Only thing I bought this week was the purple Baby Bee Pitter Patter yarn for charity hats.

Project Bags Special Segment:
-Creative Couture.
-Piddleloop.
-Stitchy McYarnpants.
-Little Happy Knits.
-Kukubee.
-Namaste.
-"Knit" zippered pouch tutorial.
-Quilted Kindle pouch tutorial.
-Drawstring Project bags tutorial.

Giveaway!
#22, Chonita is the winner of the free pattern.

Don't forget…..
*The Podcast is now available on iTunes!
*Please let me know if anyone is collecting preemie or baby hats in non-specific colors.

Plus check out the Ravelry group! Hope you join & thanks for watching!

Modifications I made to the Drawstring Project bags.

I was trying to match the size to a bag I already had so here are my changes.

I made the following modifications to get a final bag size of 9 3/4" by 10 1/2":

*Main fabric 24" long and 10.5" wide.
(For the cat bags, I had to cut 2 pieces 12" long because my fabric was wider than it was long. So I added an extra "Step" to seam the two 12" pieces together at the bottom.)

*Lining 10.5" square.

*Only 1 drawstring casing hole instead of two.

*Measured casing hole 1.5" from the seam where the lining piece meets the main piece instead of from the fold because my pieces were different sizes from hers. (This is step #4 in the tutorial.)

4 Comments:

At October 24, 2011 at 3:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love your project bags. but i REALLY love the kindle bags. the fabric and construction are gorgeous.

 
At October 24, 2011 at 6:58 AM, Blogger Aimee said...

willowfairyknits- Thank you! One day I would like to take the time to make a larger version to use as a project bag.

 
At November 1, 2011 at 11:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i just tried to download this episode and it stops due to error, just tried to watch it on the laptop stops due to error. The file must be corrupt

 
At November 1, 2011 at 2:26 PM, Blogger Aimee said...

Piddleloop-Thanks! I checked and it's working fine through Blip, so something must have happened recently in itunes. I'll work to get that corrected tonight after this week's episode uploads.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home