Knitting in Circles Podcast

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

EP 5: I'm happy today isn't yesterday.



Works In Progress:
-Emilien Hoodie in Cascade 220 & Cascade 200 Heathers on US 7. Sleeve #1 finished, sleeve #2 in progress. Although now I think sleeve #1 may be too short. We'll see.

-Knit Night socks (I don't have a ravelry project page for these yet, sorry!). Only knit a few rows & my gauge is way off on US 0 from previous sock owner/knitter. Will stick them on my new knitpicks US 2 & see how that goes. (I'm using Schoeller Stahl Fortissima sock yarn in colorway 53/Wild West.)

D's Corner:
-Sock #2 progress, just leg & cuff left to knit. (Basic slip stitch heel sock in Blue Ridge Kaleidoscope Superwash on US 2.)
-Preemie hat FO in leftover Malabrigo sock yarn (terracotta colorway). Knit on US 2.

FO's:
-1 preemie hat & 1 baby hat knit using leftover Manos del Uruguay Serena yarn in Boysenberry. Katie from Knittin' on the Fly is collecting them for Click for Babies.

Spinning:
- Last 2 oz. of BFL in Ferlenghetti colorway from Novamade on etsy.

Upcoming/Queued:
-Nothing specific. Just finish wip's & hibernating items.

Misc/Off Topic:
-It's FALL! Ready for my first Pumpkin Spice frap from Starbucks :)
-Sadly fall means evil lovebugs. Here's another pic. And one more.

Enabling:
-Tuesday Morning buys…..
*Araucania Aysen (Hope to get a shawlette out of this one.)
*Araucania Azapa (Plan to knit a cowl with this one.)
*Sock Innovations by Cookie A.
-Knitpicks circular needles. US 2 in 32" (for me) & 47" (for D).

More Misc/Off Topic:
-Sock goal…always have socks on the needles if I keep working on UFO's.
-Would love Signature circulars in US 2 but they don't exist :(
-Probably going to ask for the jumbo bobbin/flyer kit for my wheel for holiday or birthday.

Don't forget…..
*Stay tuned for a giveaway next week. Either Sock Innovations by Cookie A if I can find another copy or a Ravelry pattern giveaway.
*The Podcast is now available on iTunes!

Plus check out the Ravelry group! Hope you join & thanks for watching!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home